Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas Cards, 2012

Hi friends!  Hope you're willing to bear with me through this super long post as I share all of the individual Christmas cards I made for all of my family and friends.  I'll share little pieces of information on supplies used as we go through.  Let's get started!


First up is this set of cards, made with similar layouts so I could use up those Santa Claus rub-ons.  I threw out the packaging, so I can't remember the manufacturer, but I know it was a an old product, probably sitting in my stash for 3-4 years!  The paper is scraps of Provo Craft paper (I'm happy to say those papers are all used up now!).






The cards above were all made just so I could use up those papers by My Mind's Eye.  I had gotten a sampling of their 12 Days of Christmas line when I was on a design team last year and wanted to use up the leftover scraps.  As you can see, I got quite a few cards made from just a few sheets of 6 x 6 paper!  That little polar bear guy is my favorite; he's from a set of stickers I got at Target many years ago, and just kept hoarding because he's so cute.  This card is proof that I'm trying not to hoard anymore!  You can see his little penguin friend in this card here:


That card uses a combination of chipboard from Hobby Lobby (Don't Peek tag) and these journaling cards/frames I received from my co-worker a couple of years ago.  You'll see many more of these items used in the next several cards:








You can see I was also working on using up some more rub-on sentiments and vellum pieces, too.  :)  Next up are a couple of cards that were made with leftover pieces from a set of cards I made for my Etsy shop.




I can't remember why I had those two extra cards leftover, but I used some pieces of card candy from swaps I did years ago, and a stamped sentiment from Stampin' Up!.  The next two cards were simply cut from a sheet of 12 x 12 paper and embellished with a couple of ribbons, a sticker and a ribbon-slider.  Couldn't have been faster to put together!  :D



Last up, I have several cards made from paper I bought at Joann's, I think the designer is Debbie Mumm.  These were some of my very favorite cards this year because they're so warm and cozy looking.  I think that country look is so inviting on Christmas cards.  :)






The penguin and snowman were punch-outs from an old daily scrapbooking calendar and the snowman tag is an actual Christmas tag that was mixed in with other Christmas supplies I bought at a yard sale.  The "merry & bright" is a Hero Arts sentiment that I embossed with white powder (haven't embossed like that in ages!) and the buttons were given to me by the same co-worker I mentioned earlier.  

So!  That wraps up all of my Christmas cards for this year.  I have my Christmas thank you notes and a set of New Year cards to share, hopefully by the end of the week.  I've had off since the 22nd, so going back to work tomorrow is going to be a struggle!  :)  I hope you all have a wonderful start to your 2013, and I hope to be back to blogging more regularly this year, I've really missed it!

Happy New Year!
-Suzanne :O )




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...