Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Peacock Wedding Card

Hi friends!  Today was a snow day for me, but I really haven't gotten much accomplished today- one of those "just hanging out" kind of days.  I did go to Target and get some washi tape, though.  :)



Today's post is the card I made for my friend Andrea's wedding.  She asked me to make all of her invitations, save the dates, thank you notes, etc., so I'll try to post those items very soon.  She has a thing for peacocks, so I knew I wanted to incorporate that into her wedding card.  Her wedding colors were cobalt, black and silver, and her favorite color is lime green.  Hopefully you can see how I pulled all of those things into her card.  :)


I used lots of different Paper Smooches stamp sets and colored everything with my Copic markers.  The My Peeps stamp set came with only one feather so I had to stamp it several times- the bird is actually "bald" so you can make him a turkey, a peacock, a flamingo, etc.




The main panel was cut out with my Nestabilities and then I traced the shape onto silver paper and hand-cut it for a mat.  Here's a picture of me and all of my high school friends at the wedding (last July):



Hope you like my card, thanks so much for stopping by!

-Suzanne :O )

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...