Monday, January 28, 2013

Romantic Valentine


Hi everyone!  Today was a fun day because we had an early dismissal at 11am due to the  impending snow.  It turned out to be not that bad, but I was able to get a lot of stuff done that I had been avoiding (cooking, wrapping a gift, etc).  Love unexpected surprises on days like this where you can just enjoy the gift of time!  :)

This year I got into making some vintage-y Valentines.  My style is normally cute and colorful, but I had received many vintage supplies from the swaps I did years ago.  I gathered everything together and set out to make a few cards outside of my normal style and actually liked the results!

I centered this card around the sticker quote (which has been in my stash for years) by Rusty Pickle.  I don't even think that company is still around.  Everything else is from my swap stash, except for the red flowers, which are by Recollections.  I love the more-is-more look to this card.. I just kept piling embellishments on and it was great to use up a ton of supplies on one card!  :D

I hope you all like it, thanks so much for stopping by!

-Suzanne :O )

PS-  I'll be back tomorrow to share the gift packaging I worked on today.  ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...