Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas Thank You Notes

Happy Friday, friends!  I'm back tonight to share the thank you notes I made for all of my co-workers.  I get a lot of small gifts that most people probably wouldn't send thank you notes for, but I *love* having an excuse to make lots of cards!  I usually try to attack my Christmas scrap pile each year when it comes time to make my thank you notes, and this year was no different.  I even had some old DCWV cards to finish up, which you can see in the picture above.  Because they're so glittery, I decide to keep the design simple- just some strips of cardstock and die-cuts from K & Co popped up on foam tape.  You can see a close up here:


For the next twelve cards, I cut panels of white cardstock at 3.75" x 5.25".  Then I gathered all the strips of paper from my scrap pile and tried to group similar-looking papers.  I ran some glue around the edge of the cardstock piece and adhered all of the paper strips at a diagonal (for interest).  I rounded the corners to soften the look of all those stripes and kept my layout the same as the other 5 cards.  This set of cards below uses gift embellishments by Jolee's:


Here's a close up (and my favorite card- love the pink and purple!):


The last two sets of cards use rub-ons from my stash and a sticker ("my absolute favorite!") from K & Co.  The "thank you" sentiment is Clear and Simple Stamps.  I seem to use their stamp set (various thank you greetings) for this project every year!  Love it!



I really used up a good chunk of scraps this way, and I think it gives my cards a fun, colorful vibe.  Perhaps this will inspire you to attack your scrap piles, too!  :)  Thanks for stopping by, friends.  I'll be back tomorrow to share the gifts I gave to my co-workers... stay tuned!

-Suzanne :O )


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...