Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Nuts about you!




Happy Wednesday, friends!  I got a call last night saying that school was already canceled, so I was able to sleep in this morning, only I got up at 5:15 anyway and started making this fun card!  :)  I wanted to play along with TCP Tuesday 141; the challenge was to use ribbon in a new way and you are not allowed to use a bow. I'm sure this has been done before, but my idea was to make a ruffle of sorts out of ribbon snippets.  I took a strip of cardstock and stapled each ribbon loop to it.  I kind of liked the ribbon loops being different lengths, so it has that homemade look.  The papers are all K&Co, except for the orange paper, which was in my scrap stash.  I used the squirrel and sentiments from TCP's Happy Camper set:


Super cute, huh??  This set has nothing to do with Valentine's Day, so I'm quite pleased with myself that I made it work!  LOL  :)    I colored my squirrel friend with Copics, (I seriously need more browns!) and cut a slit between his paws so he could hold the acorn.  I added a couple of cute clouds to fill the empty space and some Darice gems to finish the card off.  I used Sweet Sunday Sketch 99 again.  I hope you like my card, thanks for stopping by!

-Suzanne :O )

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lisa H. said...

this one cute card! love your little ribbon tabs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...