Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Smitten


Hi friends!  It's a happy day today- my boss told everyone to leave at 11:45 today because of another impending snow storm!  We've been having snow on top of snow these past few weeks, but I'm loving it.  When I left, it was just flurrying, but it's coming down a bit heavier now, and I'm so glad to be home with the rest of the afternoon open for making cards!  Love my boss! :D  


Today's card uses Sweet Sunday Sketch 101:

To start my card off, I used this 5x7 paper frame that my friend gave me in a bundle of scrapbooking sheets.  The middle of the frame had princess quotes or something that you were supposed to cut out, but I knew I'd never use them, so I just covered that part up with some kraft cardstock and patterned paper by Target.  That created the fun heart border.  :)  I used my Nestabilities to cut some layers behind my main image.  Last Valentine's Day, I had a box of cookies or something with these adorable bears on the packaging, so I cut them out and saved them to use on a card this year.  I love that I didn't have to color them!  I stamped the G Studio sentiment and tied a bit of black polka dot ribbon to a strip of white cardstock, and I think that covers everything.  It's a bit busy, but I'm okay with all that pink for Valentine's Day! :)  


I hope you like this card and maybe it will inspire you to save any cute packaging for your cards too!  Thanks for stopping by!

-Suzanne :O )

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Annette said...

Love your card, it's so sweet! I'm with you on snow, I love it and hope we get more this winter! That is great your boss let you leave early, better to be safe and get home before the snow got too bad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...