Saturday, January 29, 2011

TCP Tuesday 143/Mojo Monday 175

Hi everyone!  I haven't done a Mojo Monday in forever, but I really liked this week's sketch:




I knew I was going to use a TCP stamp so I could also play along with their challenge- to use the words "heart" or "love".  



This was actually a bit more of a challenge for me than I realized, because I don't have that many lovey-dovey TCP sentiments.  The next time they run a sale, I will be sure to fix that! ;)  Anyway, I made it work with this little guy (does he have a name?) and I M so pleased with how I did the airbrush effect around him.  I don't have a Copic airbrush system, but I do like the look of it- your eye is drawn to the white part behind the image, in effect highlighting it.  I know some people sponge ink around the cardstock while it's still in the die, but I didn't want ink all over my Nestabilities (I'm weird that way).  Then the lightbulb went off!  I took out my neglected chalks, and rubbed a little red around the rim with a Q-Tip.  I softened it by pulling the color out with a clean Q-Tip, and I ended up with a die-cut that looks similar to those that are airbrushed!  Yesssss!  I'm not sure if I'm more excited that I scored the look or if I'm glad to find a new use for those chalks that have been collecting dust for a few years!  Either way, it made my day.  :)


Okay, enough about chalk.  I used more K&Co papers here, a bit of "bling", and some ribbon scraps from my jar.  I'm happy with how this card turned out because I was originally worried about how small the dog was in comparison to the size of my card.  I think having the circles and patterned papers help fill the space.. he doesn't look so small anymore.  :)  Anyway, I hope you like this card!  I'm almost done with my Valentine's Day cards.. time to start pulling out St. Patty's Day supplies! :D


-Suzanne :O )
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...