Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Riley!

Good morning, friends!  I have a 2 hour delay as a follow up to yesterday's yucky weather.  It's always nice to have a little extra crafty time- I've made 10 Valentine's Day cards so far, so I'm doing really well with my progress.  :)  


Today I want to share these focal pieces I made for a swap I hosted a few months ago.  My idea was to have everyone make a piece that would have all the bells and whistles, so you'd just have to slap the piece onto a piece of cardstock or patterned paper and your card would be ready to go.  I made two sets of focal pieces- I'll share the other ones tomorrow.  This first set uses my new Riley stamp.  I've been wanting Riley in some form since I first saw him a few years ago, but was never able to find him at stamp conventions or LSSs.  Back in the fall, I went shopping in the city and went to The Ink Pad, which was a tiny little store crammed with stamps.  I love how those kind of stores use every available inch of space to display their merch!  ;)  I bought the image you see below, plus one with Riley holding a turkey and one with Riley building a snowmoose (well he wouldn't build a snowMAN, would he!?  hehe).  The stamps were $10 each, which was quite a splurge for me, but Riley's just so cute I couldn't resist.  I'm sure he's half the price anywhere else since NYC's so darned expensive!  Here are the eight focal pieces I made:



I used some kraft cardstock, some cupcake paper by DCWV, a bit of ribbon, and a Darcie's sentiment that I thought fit the image pretty well. Here's a close up:






To make this birthday card, all I did was mat the focal piece with some patterned paper by My Mind's Eye, add a strip of scalloped punched cardstock and mat that piece with some more paper by MME.  See how easy it was to make the card?  


The inside of my card was created with a sticker from SRM- LOVE how easy these are to use- no stamps required! :)



And that's it!  I have to get my bucket ready for work now, but I'll be back tomorrow to show you the other focal pieces I made.  Thanks for stopping by!


-Suzanne :O )



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...